Sunday, October 11, 2009

Homemade Pumpkin Hot Pockets

Here's what I made for dinner tonight! Homemade Pumpkin Hot Pockets. I got it off the taste of home website if you want to look it up. It's super easy & tastes great. And the kids like that it's a pumpkin.

Just get refrigerated pie crusts & cut out pumpkins with pumpkin cookie cutters. Put a layer of honey mustard on the top of half of the pumpkins. Add lunch meat, green onion on top of the mustard.


Add shredded swiss & monterey jack cheeses on top of that. Then put the other pumpkin cut outs on top & seal it with a pastry cutter.


Take 2 egg yolks & add some red food coloring & paint it on to make your pumpkin's orange. Then take one egg yolk & add green & paint the stems.


Bake for 20 minutes & you've got a fun Halloween dinner! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You are too creative Dani! Such good ideas of fun things to make for dinner in the fall. I'm glad to hear that Bladen is doing well. We said many prayers for him. Nathan was in the same NICU room with a little boy who had hydrocephally. I had my heart ripped from my chest that week watching that sweet little boy (our primary care nurse also cared for this little boy at the same time). The little boy passed away at 10 days old. Because RSV season was out of control when Nathan was born no siblings were allowed in the NICU. They made a special exception for the little boys 3 older sisters (who were very close in age to your girls) to see their little brother.

    That's when I made up my mind to quit feeling sorry for myself and Nathan because things could always be worse. I've done my share of worrying, but learned that the Holy Ghost is truly a GIFT most appropriately called the Comforter. That is how I have learned to deal with Nathan's health.

    Bladen is such a handsome little boy! I love the little suit that you have for him.

    ReplyDelete