Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas. . .


It's that time again. . . time to put up the Christmas tree at the Potter house. There is just something about the feeling you get when you crank up the Christmas music & starting hanging the twinkling lights on your tree. There's really nothing like it. I love doing it as a family too. It's so special. Each of the kids have their own special ornament (their 1st Christmas' ornaments) that they hang very first on the tree. Taya knows her & puts it where she can touch it every morning. . . "Momma, Rella!" Her 1st ornament was a pink coach like Cinderella's pumpkin coach. She runs straight to it every morning & tells me it's hers. Every ornament on our tree has a story. I've been collecting ornaments since I was about 12 years old. My mom bought me a new ornament every Christmas so that when I got married & was poor & couldn't afford many Christmas decorations. . . I had a full tree. I love sitting with my kids & telling them why I have an Aladdin ornament (1994 when I went to Disneyland & formed a crush on Aladdin), or a Belle ornament (1999 a year before I moved to CA. That year at Band Camp in Disneyland, they offered me a job as Parade Belle for the following year.). I have a beautiful sand dollar ornament from San Diego from the year Trek & I got married in San Diego & an Eifel Tower ornament for the 1st year we went to Paris. I have 3 German ornaments, one that I have purchased for each year we've lived in Germany. Every year we also get an ornament with characters on it with the names of Trek & I & all our kids. Our tree is a story in itself & I love sharing that with my children. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the Potter house, & we're all excited about it!

Taya got to put the angel on the top of the tree this year. She literally threw the angel at the tree & then cried to get down. Silly girl!

Taya loved the twinkle lights (& the kool-aid she had for dinner. . . she has a kool-aid mustache)

Daddy always puts on the twinkle lights just right.

Bladen was just happen to be here.

Daddy does the lights & mommy is in charge of the ornaments.

This is my German ornament for this year (2009). It was hand made in the Erzgebirge (Eastern Germany). It's beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment