Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bon Appetit'


Everything had gone so smoothly so far that it was time that SOMETHING came up. Lorien had to go potty & if you've ever been to Europe you know how hard it is to find & use a bathroom. We were running in & out of every shop we could find asking for a bathroom. Nobody would let us use the shop bathrooms, but they kept telling us about a public toilette on a corner. I grabbed both her & Cadence & sprinted towards the corner. It's one thing when Lorien says "I have to go potty." It's a whole other ball game when she starts doing "the dance!" She was going to pee her pants & it would ruin our entire day, I just knew it. Sure enough, there was a public bathroom porta-potty thing on the corner. I started pushing buttons, looking for money slots, everything to get the door open. Nothing. I started grabbing French people & tourists around me & in my horrible French asked them how to use it. FINALLY somebody spoke a little bit of English & said to me "Out of Order." Lorien was jumping up & down at this point. I found Trek & explained & he took off running carrying her towards the Eiffel Tower. The rest of us waited next to a souvenir stand. After a while they showed up again & everyone looked happy. "You made it then?" I asked. "She peed on the Eiffel Tower!" "WHAT???" They couldn't find a working bathroom & Lorien was to the point of peeing her pants when Trek whipped her pants off & held her over some bushes next to one of the legs of the Eiffel Tower. I was mortified! He thought it was hilarious. It is kind of funny though. Poor girl. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

After that ordeal we were all very hungry. We found the cutest little diner called "Snack Take Way." It had some great stuff. Dad got some French Onion Soup ("in Paris, France"), I had a nutella & banana crepe, Trek had a french sandwich on a baguette, & the girls shared a pizza. Everything was fabulous. We were all sharing with each other because we wanted to try everything. I thought for sure I'd like my crepe the best, but Dad's French onion soup was better than I could have ever imagined it could be. It was amazing. And the best part of all? Since we bought lunch there, they let us all use their bathroom for free!! Whoo hoo!!!


This is the guy who made the crepes. He was awesome!! They were SO good!

1 comment:

  1. I love telling people I had French Onion soup in Paris France. Once again we were the attraction having 4 kids and a two seat stroller setting in a little cafe. It worked and the kids were great. I miss them so much.
    Opa

    ReplyDelete