Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Golden Gate Park


Toward the end of August, we finally snuck out & drove up to San Francisco to visit Tylee. It takes about 2 hours to drive up there which really isn't bad at all. She had a cute little apartment in the middle of the city that she shares with 2 really awesome roommates. We drove in on Friday night & had some yummy pizza in her living room while we watched "Honey I Blew Up The Kid" with the kiddos. Then they all surprised me with a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake for my birthday! (Tylee had my name so we celebrated it now instead of in July.)

Saturday morning Tylee & Talon & Carolyn had bought me an awesome mom-to-be massage at a beautiful spa downtown, so while I got pampered for a full hour, Pierre & Trek took the kids to the Golden Gate Park in the middle of the city. This park was AMAZING! The kids LOVE parks & this was heaven to them. It was a little chilly, but it's never too chilly to play!



Taya found this "queen" swing. She sat there like she ruled the world. She loved it. We had to make her get off to give others a turn, otherwise she would have spent the entire day there.





There were birds everywhere & Tylee had packed a bag of popcorn for the kids. Of course my kids fed all their popcorn to their bird friends instead of eating it themselves!


And we were SO proud of Cadence. She climbed all the way to the top of the crow's nest all by herself. She is getting much more brave as she gets older!







They all had a blast. After my massage was done, Tylee picked me up & we met them at the McDonalds at the entrance to the park. Auntie Tylee spoiled them rotten by buying them each their own happy meals. They were SO excited! What a wonderful Auntie!

No comments:

Post a Comment