Monday, October 18, 2010

The Blue Angels Air Show

Did I mention how much I love San Francisco? It's been so long since I've been a city girl & boy does it feel good! We decided to spend the day at the Pier & Fisherman's Wharf so we could watch the Blue Angels Air Show!

We parked the car & immediately ran into this guy. . . he was his own one man band. At first I laughed because it reminded me of Burt on Mary Poppins, but this guy was amazing! He was playing modern alternative rock music with his guitar, harmonica, & drums hooked up to his legs & feet. It was VERY entertaining.



The girls were hungry so we stopped off at Burger King & got some good eats! I swear Phil (Tylee's roommate) is a total kid magnet. My kids wanted him to sit next to them. He was so good with them! He needs some kids!! He'll be a great dad someday!


After lunch we found a perfect shaded spot on the lawn by the beach to watch the air show. We were under a big tree so the shade was WONDERFUL on such a hot sunny day.


Bladen was the big winner of the day. Who knew he'd love airplanes so much? We were cracking up at him. It was like Christmas to him. What a cutie pie!









Where we were sitting we had a gorgeous view of the Golden Gate Bridge. How cool is that?



After the air show was over, we walked up to Ghirardelli Square for some chocolate!!!


Tylee gave us a tour of the factory & we got to see how they made the chocolate as well as the chocolate river (that reminded me of Willy Wonka).




It was a perfect day in San Francisco. I can't wait until next month to see what we're going to do next!!! Love you Tylee!

No comments:

Post a Comment