Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Witch Fingers


Happy October Everybody!!

This really is my favorite time of year. I LOVE Halloween & all the fun things that go along with it, including Halloween themed FOOD! Every year I try to make several "Halloween" dinners & treats with my kids to make the month of October even more exciting. My oldest was actually counting down the days until October 1st this time BEGGING me for some fun Halloween food!


So my first dinner of the month was "Witch Fingers" (also known as homemade chicken nuggets). This is my very favorite recipe for chicken nuggets & I can't remember where I got it from, but we make these all the time. Enjoy!

1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast sliced into long finger-like slices
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
2 1/2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon salt
sliced almonds to use as fingernails
ranch or ketchup for dipping
oil for frying (really good in peanut oil)

(I never said it was good FOR you. . . it just tastes GOOD.)

Mix the egg & milk. Put chicken slices in mixture & let sit for 5 minutes. Mix the flour, sugar, pepper, & salt in another bowl. Heat up oil until ready for frying. Dip the wet chicken into the dry ingredients & coat. Dip back into the milk/egg mixture & then again in the powder mixture (double breading makes it extra good). Fry until golden brown & cooked through. Arrange on plate like fingers with almonds as fingernails.


No comments:

Post a Comment