Monday, April 4, 2011

Bladen's New Hat (yup, I made it!)


My dear friend from Germany made a hat like this about 2 years ago for a little boy's birthday party & I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. A few weeks ago I emailed her & asked her for the pattern (since I'm sewing now) hoping it wouldn't be too difficult for a beginner like me. Although it "looks" difficult, it really wasn't too bad. I made it my General Conference project since I can't sit still & NOT do anything for 8 hours. This kept my hands busy as I listened to the beautiful words of our prophet & church leaders. It was a lot easier than it looked in the pattern. . . Sure, the hat is a little lopsided & the back is buckled weird, but from the front it looks really nice. I have to say I'm pretty proud of it. And it fits both Taya & Bladen (although it was intended for Bladen). HOORAY!!! I love learning new things!






In between sessions on Saturday we took the kids to the park & had treats that our neighbors brought over for us to enjoy. It was a fun afternoon activity to do together.




I'm so grateful Heavenly Father has blessed us all with the ability to learn. I never in a thousand years thought I would be sewing as much as I am. Hooray for knowledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment