Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Golden Gate Bridge

I'm finally finding some time to blog the FUN VACATION we took while my parents & my grandmother were here last month. We spent 3 fun filled days in San Francisco & we had a BLAST.

Monday morning, we woke up & got ready for our adventure. We left at 8:30 & drove into San Francisco around 10:30. I love that it only takes 2 hours to drive there. It's perfect. I loved seeing the excitement in my mom's eyes as we drove under the Bay Bridge.

(It was a combination of excitement & fear. . . ha ha ha. She's always had a fear of driving over bridges, but we were determined to break her of her fear on our trip.)


We weaved our way up & down the HUGE hills of San Francisco until we came to the most well known San Francisco landmark:
The Golden Gate Bridge


Crossing the bridge is ALWAYS fun. I was worried my mom would have a hard time with it, but it hardly even phased her. The Golden Gate Bridge is a LOT shorter than it looks.


Once we were on the Sausalito side, we stopped at the visitor's center to take some pictures with the bridge & the city in the background. It was REALLY neat to have Grandma Cherry there with us. I'm SO glad we have pictures of all of us together at such a fun place.




This was my mom & dad's first time in San Francisco as well. It was so fun having them all here & traveling together. It reminded me of all our European travels together.



And do you want to know the best part of our entire trip?
THE WEATHER
San Francisco is ALWAYS freezing & it was in the 80's with blue sky the entire time we were there. It was GORGEOUS.






What a perfect way to start a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment