Friday, October 21, 2011

Spooky Stew


Tonight I made some
SPOOKY STEW:

Stew (either in a can or homemade: meat, potatoes, carrots, celery, corn, onions, etc.)
Mashed Potatoes (I used THRIVE Potato Pearls from my food storage)
Peppercorns or Capers

Make your stew by browning your meat really well in some oil. Add 3 cups of water & some stew seasoning & simmer for about an hour. Add about 5 cups of your favorite veggies & a little more water & boil for another 30 minutes. I like my thick & chunky! Mmmm. Perfect on a cold day like today.


Whip up some mashed potatoes. I used some Potato Pearls from my pantry (which I LOVE) & they were perfect. I love yummy mashed potatoes that you can make in less than 3 minutes!


Next get a frosting bag (or a ziplock bag) & fill it with your mashed potatoes. Cut off one corner & you are ready to build your
SPOOKY POTATO GHOST!


Squeeze the potatoes through your bag into a ghostie shape on top of your bowl of stew. Add peppercorns for the eyes & you have the perfect little ghost to top your stew.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment