Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Very "NANCY" Christmas

I love my dear friend, Nancy.  We've been friends for 14 years now & met on an airplane (sitting next to each other).  Nancy has always looked over me & loves to take care of me & my family.  Every year for Christmas she sends BOXES FULL of presents for our family.  She is such a sweetheart.  She always seems to take care of the shoe, clothing, coat department for me & the kids LOVE the stuff she sends.

For Christmas, everyone always gets a pair of boots. . . 



new coats. . . 


a few fun fillers like make-up, socks, & hair stuff . . . 


pajamas. . . 


and other fun accessories.  Here's the kids "spoils" for this year:




Now when it comes to me, Nancy REALLY SPOILS ME ROTTEN.  We counted 29 gifts this year (crazy I know) & there is always one present labeled
"Open Me Last."
This is always some sort of specialty jewelry.  Nancy is a gemologist & knows everything there is to know about gemstones, value, grades, color, etc.  I never know what's going to be in that little package, but I know I'll love it.

This year I got a pair of 1 1/2 karat (3 karats total) Morganite earrings.  Morganite is from the same family as an Emerald.  Some people call them pink emeralds, but a true gemologist knows they're relatives but very different.  My earrings are a beautiful shade of pink & are set in rose gold which is a favorite of mine.  I LOVE THEM.


Here's me with my haul of goodies.  I got 3 pairs of church shoes, some boots, a purse, scarves & gloves, a fun Christmas village set, TONS of kitchen stuff, a rice cooker, jewelry, & much more.  It was SO FUN.  Thank you Nancy for spoiling my whole family rotten.


Trek was spoiled with a new wardrobe of shirts.  I think he got 7 or 8 of them.  Then he got a giant peppermint stick & a nutcracker.  Nancy buys him a nutcracker every Christmas to add to his collection.


Thank you Nancy for making our Christmas extra special.

No comments:

Post a Comment