Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Christmas 2012

Christmas was great this year.  It was great being with family & opening presents.  I love that Christmas is a time of giving & we all felt that this year.  The girls were even able to buy some things for siblings/family which made the day extra special for them.

In our house we give the kids 3 gifts each: something they want, something they need, & something spiritual.  The true meaning of Christmas (the birth of Jesus Christ) is the most important thing about Christmas & he received 3 gifts: gold, frankincense, & myrrh.  My kids receive the same amount of gifts from us that Christ received for his birth.  Of course they get plenty from grandparents, aunts & uncles, & friends.  But I like sticking to the 3 from us.

There were TONS of presents this year from family in UT & family away.  Thank you EVERYONE for all of your wonderful & thoughtful gifts.  I would have a bazillion pics on here if I showed every picture I took, so I just randomly picked some cute ones of the kids smiling.  But we are grateful for EVERYTHING we received.


Yup, Lo got a skateboard. . . let the blood
& broken bones begin.   ha ha ha.

Nice Trek.


Bladen is obsessed with Iron Man right now too.


Meow!  I'm a kitty.

My big surprise from Trekkie was a new viola to replace
the one the movers broke in Germany.  I love him to death
for thinking of something that would bring me SO MUCH JOY.


I gave each of the girls CTR rings as their spiritual
gifts this year.


Lo's CTR ring


Taya's pile of Christmas goodness


Bladen's treasure trove

Craiger's goodies


Cadence's exciting jewels


Lo's pile of fun

 
My gifts.  Trek did awesome this year: a viola, a
HUGE case of Gutermann thread (from Germany),
& a pillow (much needed).  I also got some fun things
from family.

 
Trek's pile of tools . . . and & mean PILE OF TOOLS.  He's
SO excited to make something with all his new toys.


No comments:

Post a Comment