Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lorien's Baptism

Saturday, March 23rd, 2013
Lorien Danielle Potter
was baptized & confirmed a member of 
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

This only happens once in your lifetime so it was a VERY SPECIAL moment for our entire family.


I love that I have such a wonderful husband that holds the priesthood & has the authority to act in God's name & give my children these wonderful blessings.  Lorien is a very lucky girl to have such a wonderful dad.


Lorien has a wonderful Primary teacher as well.
Sister Lewis has been so great since we moved into
this branch in Virginia.  She even gave the talk on
baptism during the program.  Lorien just loves her.

Have I mentioned how much I love & adore these kids?  My kids are my everything.  I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.  Just looking at them makes my eyes fill with tears.  I love them so much.


Lorien's 2nd grade teacher, Ms. Oparaji came
to support her at her baptism.  It was SO special.
She brought her a beautiful silver heart necklace
to remind Lorien that she has touched Ms. O's heart
& that she will be in her heart always.  I love it when
my kids are blessed with wonderful people as teachers.

Me & My Precious little Angel.
(someday I'll get to be in a picture & NOT be pregnant.
ha ha ha)

For the actual program Mimi played piano & I got to lead the music.  Cadence said the opening prayer & Taya said the closing prayer.  Sister Lewis gave the talk on Baptism & Baba gave the talk on the Holy Ghost & Trek did the actual baptism & the confirmation.  It was a beautiful program & a lot of members from the branch came to support Lorien in her decision to be baptized.

I think my favorite part of being the "MOM" of the girl being baptized is getting to help her get out of her wet baptism clothes & into her beautiful perfect white dress.  She looked GORGEOUS.




It was a beautiful day for a beautiful little girl.  You make me so proud Lorien.
I LOVE YOU.


No comments:

Post a Comment