Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy Reunions

"A friend is someone who knows all about you & still loves you."
~ Elbert Hubbard

Being in the military, we move A LOT.  We make friends & lose friends more often than most people.  Is it hard?  YES.  Is it worth it?  DEFINITELY.
I have met some of the most amazing people in the world & feel blessed to be able to call them 
MY FRIENDS.

Even though we move & they move. . . there is always that moment when you see each other again for the first time in years.  It's such a happy meeting & I never grow tired of it.  This week one of my very best friends from Germany happened to be driving through VA to get to Washington DC for vacation.  She was kind enough to stop by on her way so we could visit & let our kids play together.  You know what's even better than that?  The fact that ANOTHER one of my friends from Germany now lives here in VA about 10 minutes from my house.  The 3 of us were SO excited to meet at my house for old time sake.  We loved every second of it.


Jessica (my friend) has a little boy who is 3 days younger than Craiger.  The two of them have never met as Craiger was born in Monterey, CA & Finn was born in Germany.  But we couldn't wait to see them together.


These two were made for each other.  I could see in my mind the trouble they'd get into together & how happy it would make them.  It was SO FUN letting them have fun together.


Then we had Taya & Reece.  These two were best friends in Germany. . . . they were only 3 when they saw each other last, but they used to play together constantly.  They picked up right where they left off.  They had SO MUCH FUN together.



And of course, I loved seeing Jessica again.  It was great having Meg with us as well since we were all pals back in Germany.  Thanks for making time for us Jessica.  We loved having you here & I'm looking forward to the time we see you again. . . 
like when we come stay with you while we go to DISNEY WORLD in a couple of years.
(see, there's benefits to having friends all over the world.)

Love ya Jess.


No comments:

Post a Comment