Sunday, October 13, 2013

Monster Claws & Cheesy Ghosts


This is another meal my kids beg for during Halloween.

MONSTER CLAWS 
& CHEESY GHOSTS

I like to make my own chicken nuggets.  I'm completely obsessed with chick-fil-a's nuggets.  I don't get them often, but they are a splurge of mine occasionally.  My dear friend got up the guts to ask them for their breading recipe & miraculously enough they gave it to her & I've been making these nuggets myself ever since.  We love these things.  Just be sure to make them long & fingerlike for this meal.

And the ghosts are simple.  Just get a sharpie & draw a ghost face on your plastic wrapper of string cheese.

Here's my recipe for the nuggets in case you want to try it on your own.  I double this recipe for my family of 8, but it should feed 4-6 people as is.  
(and for the record, I never said these were healthy, they're just yummy!)

1 1/2 pounds chicken breast or tenderloins, cut into long fingerlike slices
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
2 1/2 Tablespoons of powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon salt
Frying Oil

Mix egg & milk.  Put chicken slices into milk mixture & let sit for at least 5 minutes.  Mix flour, sugar, salt, & pepper in another bowl.  Heat oil.  Dip the wet chicken slices into the dry ingredients & coat.  Dip BACK in to the milk/egg mixture & then AGAIN into the flour mixture.  Fry in hot oil until browned & cooked through.

Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment