Sunday, February 23, 2014

Nothing But Trouble

So it's been a very busy week with Lorien's birthday among a bunch of other things I had to get done.  I haven't had time to do much of anything lately & on Friday I was DETERMINED to make my bed for the 1st time in a week.  (I hate unmade beds.)  After I got the girls on the bus, I put a movie on for the boys so I could go & officially make my bed.  Poor kids. . . I told them to NOT MOVE.  I told them I'd be very very happy if they would just sit on the couch like good little boys.

It's not a long process. . . it doesn't take any longer than 5 minutes or so, but it was heaven to make my bed look nice again.  I was happy with myself for accomplishing my task at hand & made my way back downstairs to get going on my day when something caught my eye. . . 

My cake decorating cupboard was open!

It was open & there were 3 bags of Wilton chocolate melts all across the floor.  Those 3 bags were brand new & sealed, yet there were chocolate melts all over my hallway & also leading into my kitchen.  I stooped down & glanced at the chocolate bags.  On each of them a corner had little teeth marks in them where SOMEONE had bitten the corners off to get to the chocolate.  The melts were melted & smashed into the floor & there was a melted chocolate trail similar to a snail's slimy trail leading from the cupboard, through the kitchen, & onto the carpet in the living room. . . a large, messy, sticky, chocolate trail.

Someone was in trouble. I assumed it was Craiger because he has a way of being mischievous.  He always seems to find a way to reach things he's NOT supposed to reach, open things he's NOT supposed to open, & hide things that aren't supposed to be hidden.  Oh boy was this kid going to be in trouble.  I stomped into the living room with my angry face when I beheld this:


CANYON?!?!?!?

Dude, you're 9 months old.  How in the world did you get those chocolates open?  He was covered in chocolate.  It was all over his face, his hands, his clothes, & my carpet.

Bladen looked at me & said "Um, Mom?  Canyon got into your chocolate." 
I looked at him & asked "Why didn't you stop him?"  
Wait for it. . . . . . .  "But you said NOT to leave this couch!"
Ouch.  Good boy Bladen.  Thank you for obeying me.


I spent the rest of the morning cleaning up this kid, my carpets, my floors, & my cupboard.  Little imp.  He's going to be trouble as he gets older, I can already tell.  

But seriously, how can you get mad at THIS face?




No comments:

Post a Comment