Thursday, April 16, 2015

DC with my Parents

We were so lucky to be able to see my parents in March.  My dad had a work conference in Baltimore so we went up over the weekend & enjoyed 2 days with them.

The first day we just hung out in the hotel room.  Trek & the boys enjoyed playing with my mom's wheelchair.


We ordered room service pizza for the kids & then got Chipotle for the adults.  The kids were in heaven.


We stayed up late playing boardgames like Clue & Racko which has always been a favorite family pastime in my house.  When it was finally time for bed, we split into our two separate rooms.  Trek & I had just gotten the boys to bed when we heard a knock at the door.

"Room Service!"

We opened the door & there were two plates of the most beautiful desserts I had ever seen.  My sweet mom & dad had ordered Trek & I dessert in bed.


Meanwhile, it the other room, my girls enjoyed a late night movie with my mom & dad.  They watched the new Night at the Museum movie together.


For day 2, we woke up & took my mom to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum.  My mom was SO excited.  She's wanted to see a space shuttle her entire life & the Explorer is in this museum.  It was great seeing how excited she was.


She also got the treat of seeing the Enola Gay, the plane that dropped the bomb on Hiroshima to end WW2.  Her brothers are really into war history so she was texting them pics of all the neat war planes the entire morning.



I loved being able to be there when she saw the space shuttle.  My mom has always had a deep love for space exploration.  I remember her teaching me all about the stars & space as a child.  I even remember her waking me up in the middle of the night to see Hailey's Comet when I was super little. I am so happy we got to take her to see the space shuttle.  It meant the world to her.




We also got to see Trek's favorite plane: the blackbird. . . the highest flying stealth bomber we have in the military.  It was MASSIVE.


The kids had fun playing around the gift shop after being good sports as we walked through the museum.


After the museum, my parents promised to take the kiddos to Chuck E Cheese's for some fun.  My kids were in absolute heaven.



We spent about 2 hours playing games with each other.  This also brought back a ton of childhood memories.  I am so grateful my kids were able to make these memories with my mom & dad.



After Chuck E. Cheese's we all went out together to Red Robin as a family before we said our goodbyes.  It was a short, but wonderful trip.

I love my mom & dad so much.  I can't wait to see them in July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment