Thursday, April 16, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Fun

Ever since Cadence was a little baby, I've always done a treasure hunt on St. Patrick's Day.  The kids always look forward to it & it's always a lot of fun to put together.  I've had these rainbow pieces for over 12 years now (I use them every time I teach music to kids at church which happens almost everywhere we live.), & so I use them as our treasure hunt pieces.  I hide each piece of the rainbow around the house with a clue to the next one.  The kids love it.


The red rainbow piece was on a box of Lucky Charms & it led them to the laundry room where they found some new GREEN shirts to wear for St. Patrick's Day in the dryer.  I actually found all of these shirts on the clearance rack at Walmart.  PERFECT.


That piece told them to get dressed & to do their chores & by doing their chores, the next piece would reveal itself.  Sure enough, Bladen went into the piano room to practice & the yellow piece was there on the piano.


And when he opened the piano up to practice there were all sorts of goofy green things for the kids to wear for St. Patrick's Day.


The boys got mustaches & bow ties.




and the girls got necklaces & headbands.


That piece led them to school.  When they got home later that afternoon, the next piece was on our front door.  GREEN SNACK TIME!!!!

We had mint-chocolate chip milkshakes.  Yum.


That piece told them to finish homework & report to dinner.  We had green ravioli & green alfredo sauce with green apples & green jello with whipped cream & lucky charms marshmallows.  The rainbow piece at dinner told them to get ready for bed & gave directions to find the St. Patrick's Day treasure.


So, they raced upstairs & got their pjs on, did their dinner chores, & started searching for the treasure.  They found it in the chest in our living room.  It was filled with green candy galore.

I'm so glad I can make such fun memories with my kids.  I seriously considered NOT doing the treasure hunt this year because I've just been so busy & so exhausted from doing things I have to get done, but I'm SO grateful I did it anyway.  These are memories that my kids will have forever & maybe even someday do with their own children.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment