Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Camp Tonsofun 2015 - Day 1

It's officially summer at the Potter house & you know what that means!!!  It's time for 

CAMP TONSOFUN!

(aka, the summer camp I do every summer to get my house clean & organized, but disguise it as a fun camp to get my kids involved.)

So what did we have planned for day #1?


I put these little bubble wands on the kitchen table after the kids did their morning kitchen chores.


They were SO excited to go & blow bubbles outside.




The big chore for the day was to re-organize all the kids' clothes.  It was a BIG JOB.  I did the boys' closet & drawers while the girls tackled theirs.  It felt so good to switch out all the boys' clothes for bigger sizes that fit them better & to get rid of everything that was outgrown.

The girls had a huge project to do in their closet.  It was a disaster.  It took them a few hours to sort through & try on their clothes to see what still fit & what didn't.  


But once they were done, it looked AMAZING.



We organized all their drawers & everything.  It was great.




After all our hard work, we went to the pool to play in the sun for a few hours.




I think these silly kids had a lot of fun.





On our way back home, I noticed my mint julep rose plant's first bloom had opened.  It was beautiful.


For the Camp Tonsofun craft of the day, we made camp shirts.  This year we got red shirts & ironed on each kids' nickname along with their # (aka 1 for the oldest & 6 for the youngest)






My Bug

My little Squick

The Boof

The Mannos

Mugs

He did NOT want to take pictures in his new shirt.



And my happy little Monster

They turned out SO cute.  I just love these kids so much.



It was Taya's special night for dinner so she got to pick what we ate.  We had spaghetti & meatballs which has been her favorite since she was one year old.  And of course we added garlic breadsticks & apple slices.  Yum.



It was a great first day of Camp Tonsofun.  We had a blast.


No comments:

Post a Comment