Tuesday, January 9, 2018

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Once Lorien's play was over, it was time for Thanksgiving which also means it was time to put out the Christmas decorations.  My kids always love Thanksgiving break for that reason.

This year it was Lorien's turn to put the angel on the tree.


Trek got out his lovely Nutcracker collection that my friend Nancy always adds to each year.  It's getting big, but we love it.

And I always loving hanging the beautiful handmade stockings my mother made Trek & I & all of our kids.  She cross-stitched every one of these & sewed them into extra huge stockings to fit all the fun goodies we get for Christmas every year.  She's been working on Canyon's for a while now, & since her eyes aren't what they used to be, I'm actually finishing his for her so his will be extra special because it will be hand made by his Mimi & his mom.  It makes me excited to be a part of that.  I will definitely post pictures of it when I'm done.


But the very favorite part of Christmas decorating is of course the tree.  Every ornament on our tree has a story . . . a history . . . & we spend hours talking about each one as we hang it on our tree.  That tree is a story of our lives & we love re-living the memories contained there.


Isn't it beautiful?  I love the holiday season.  It's just so beautiful in so many ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment