Thursday, January 11, 2018

Lorien's Friend Christmas Party

Lorien asked me if I would throw a Christmas party for her & her friends this year.  I have never done a Christmas party before so it was new to me.  But we had a blast.

Lorien has a large group of friends.  She's always been a "huge friend group" kind of a girl, where as Cadence seems to enjoy one or two really good friends.  Since Lo has so many friends, they decided to draw names for Christmas instead of buying a present for everyone in the group (which would be very expensive).  I thought it was a great idea.  

The first thing we did was exchange gifts.  They didn't know who had whose names so it was fun revealing who bought presents for whom.



Lorien's friend Amber got her name & she bought her a beautiful little necklace & Doctor Who shirt which she LOVES.





After exchanging gifts we played the saran wrap ball game.  It took me nearly 3 hours to build this ball.  It was a lot more time consuming that I thought it would be.  In the center I put a gift card to Chick-Fil-A & then wrapped it in tons of layers of saran wrap.  Then I just added all sorts of random things I found at Walmart & the dollar store as I wrapped.  I added a few $1 bills as well.  The ball was HUGE when I was done.  I went through 2 whole packages of saran wrap.


The girls thought the game was hilarious.  One person started unwrapping the ball while everyone else tried to roll doubles with 2 dice.  When someone rolled doubles, they got to steal the ball & start unwrapping.  Anything that fell out of the ball on their turn, they got to keep.  It was crazy, loud, hilarious, & fun.









At the end, they all bartered & traded all their treasures with each other.  I was surprised at how popular the pens were.  They were more excited about the metallic pens than they were about the money.  ha ha ha.


 After the saran wrap ball game, we played candy elevator where you tie two strings to the two ends of a pencil, then wrap the strings around your ear.  Your team puts an M&M on the pencil & you have to pull the M&M up to your mouth by pulling on the strings behind your year.  If the M&M falls off, you have to start over.  It was hilarious.







We played a few more games & let the girls play on the trampoline for a bit.  It wasn't a long party, just long enough to have fun before Christmas break was in full swing.  Lorien enjoyed it & I think her friends did too.  We'll have to do Christmas parties more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment