Sunday, April 8, 2018

Fun With Mimi, Baba, & Mamoo

The best part of March was the 10 days we got to spend with my parents & my grandma.  We only see my family once every year & a half so it's a big deal when we visit them or when they visit us.  They flew out to us this time & we had a blast together.

We celebrated my mom's birthday at The Cheesecake Factory the day after they arrived.  It was delicious.




During our downtime, there was a lot of texting, picture sharing, game playing, & video showing between Mimi & Baba & the grandbabies.



And my boys were in heaven because Baba played every board game & lego set we could find in the house with them.


They went to church with us too.


We did lots of things the week they were here.  We went shopping, visited the kids' schools, & even got pedicures.  They loved visiting the Ames Exploration Center by our house.  My mom & grandma have always been fascinated by space so it was a good museum for them to visit.



They even became astronauts for a bit.




The highlight of the trip for me was finishing Canyon's stocking with my mom.  She started the stocking years ago, but with her health issues, she wasn't able to finish the bottom half of it.  I finished it for her in February, & while she was here, we picked out fabric & trimmings & sewd the stocking together.  It turned out beautiful.




It was such a wonderful week.  I love them SO much & always miss living near them.  I'm excited to go visit them again right before we move to Alabama this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment