Wednesday, May 2, 2018

The San Francisco Zoo

Trek could only take one day off during spring break, so I was trying to come up with some fun things for the kids to do.  Our friends gave us their guest zoo pass to use for the day so we headed up to the San Francisco Zoo.

I couldn't believe how much my kids loved it. . . especially my TEENAGERS.




Their favorite thing was the monkeys.  We watched the gorillas for probably a good 20 minutes.  There was one gorilla that was totally picking on the old gorilla.  He'd throw leaves in the gorilla's face & then run off while the poor old guy tried to chase him.  It was SO funny to watch.


The kids really liked the penguins too.



We packed simple lunches & ate them on picnic tables.  I love how close my kids are.  They love each other so much.









I loved the cute black bears.  They were wrestling & I thought it was adorable.


My kids loved the rainforest area.  NOT MY CUP OF TEA.  Loose birds flying all around your head, yeah, not cool.  I got hit by a bird IN THE HEAD.  Scared me to death.


But the snakes in the rainforest area were AWESOME.



Bladen thought the kangaroos & wallabys were pretty cool.


But really the highlight of the whole day was the huge playground at the zoo.  The kids spent over an hour there playing, swinging, chasing, sliding, & having a blast.








Our last stop was the insect house.  (The place my nightmares are made of)



Everywhere you turned there were spiders, spiders, & more spiders.  This ugly guy was the size of my head.


My kids had leaves that they kept brushing over the back of my neck while we were in there.  They must have a death wish because they KNOW I don't like creepy crawlies.





It was really fun.  This zoo is great.  It's not too big, the enclosures are nice & big & there are LOTS of animals.  We had a blast.  It was a great activity for spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment